Join Our Community of Dog Lovers

Champion of My Heart is an award-winning dog blog. We've created many important resources that people from all over the world continue to access. Like this post? Get an email alert when new content goes live by subscribing.

Happy 5th Birthday, Clover

It's that time of year again. Yay, Clover! Honestly, I'm kinda freaking that it's yet another dog birthday in the house. How can she be 5 already? Don't miss this year's video tribute, and a few other news items below. Hint: Have you seen our foster puppy?

More...

Before we jump into dog birthday madness, here are a couple quick notes:

Now that I'm mostly through the worst of some health issues (long story, more later), I hope to get back on a regular posting schedule, so it's a great time to subscribe to get alerts via email of all new content, if you haven't already, or ... honestly, you're also welcome to unsubscribe if suddenly getting emails from us feels like too much. Truly, it will not hurt our feelings. We turned off the notifications, so we won't even know you're gone. There is always an unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails.

If you haven't been following along on our Champion of My Heart Facebook page, then you may not know that we've also been taking care of a foster puppy for many months now. Three dogs under the age of 5. It's a lot of work. Eeeeee. I'll do a post soon all about him, but that's another reason I haven't had time to write new things here.

He is very cute. His face looks a lot like Clover's! He adores her!

2 dogs snuggling

Happy 5th Birthday, Clover

Here are some of my favorite photos of her from the last year to celebrate this milestone dog birthday.

Her actual birthday falls on Memorial Day this year, so I'll need to come up with some fun things to do with her this weekend.

I would say happy summer, but we're still getting SNOW here. This photo was taken May 21, 2019. We do get snow this late sometimes, but this is a lot of snow, and it has been snowing off / on for several days now. Both of which are unusual for spring storms like this.

It feels like the longest winter ever!

If you're glad we're back, please let us know in the comments. We could use the pick-me-up!

border collie running through snowy landscape
Roxanne Hawn

Trained as a traditional journalist and based in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado, USA, I'm a full-time freelance writer for magazines, websites, and private clients. My areas of specialty include everything in the lifestyles arena, including health and home, personal finance and other consumer interests, relationships and trends, people and business profiles ... and, of course, all things pet related. I don't just love dogs. I need them in my life. Seriously.

Click Here to Leave a Comment Below

john Shuma - May 26, 2019

Not sure why, but my reply came up Lad,but it is me, John Shuma.

Roxanne Hawn - May 28, 2019

Oh! Thanks for letting me know, John, that your other comment showed up with another name. And, thanks for your ongoing interest and support.

LAD - May 26, 2019

So glad that you are recovering in a timely fashion,with the help of your pups too. Happy Birthday to Clover,a very special dog for so many reasons.Glad to see your foster puppy is doing so well. I do think it is possible to Foster Fail and have one deliriously happy dog with a forever home finally. I wish you the best in whatever you decide, but he does seem so happy,he almost smiles.Have a great holiday weekend…..I do admit to being jealous of beautiful snowfalls!!!

Steph - May 25, 2019

Glad to hear you are feeling better. Looking forward to seeing more posts. Kisses for the pups

Roxanne Hawn - May 28, 2019

Thanks so much, Steph. It’s slow going with my recovery, but I am making progress, and that’s what matters.

Karen Borowski - May 24, 2019

Happy Birthday, Clover! Looks like you have a real pal with the foster pup! Are you sure it’s not permanent?!? Glad to see the blog back-missed you guys!❤️

Roxanne Hawn - May 24, 2019

Thanks so much, Karen. I’ll write soon about the health stuff too. I’m still not 100%, but I’m making progress. We’re are pretty sure the foster boy will NOT be permanent. See my reply to Ducky’s Mom.

Ducky's Mom - May 24, 2019

I’m always happy to see your posts come into my email inbox, even when I don’t have time to read them right away. Glad you’re feeling better after your many health issues!

Happy 5th Birthday to Clover!! Are you going to be a foster fail with the puppy (who is adorable by the way!)? I’m afraid I would be. If our own situation was different, Ducky would probably be a sibling to another Golden soon.

Roxanne Hawn - May 24, 2019

Thanks so much, Ducky’s Mom! Our goal is NOT to foster fail with this puppy. Time will tell, I guess. A lot of my friends are campaigning for us to keep him, but the shelter STRONGLY discourages it because they almost always lose the family as a foster family once they adopt a foster, and they need foster homes for dogs all the time.

Sonia Hayes - May 24, 2019

Hey happy birthday Clover from the UK! We don’t follow on Facebook but would LOVE to receive the emails x

Roxanne Hawn - May 24, 2019

Hello from so far away! Thanks for visiting and letting us know about FB and emails.

Edith Chase - May 23, 2019

Happy Birthday Clover!!! I’m to get your posts in my email. I follow on Facebook but rarely see your posts. Crazy weather. 🙂

Roxanne Hawn - May 23, 2019

Great. Thanks. Yes, that’s the problem with Facebook anymore. They deliberately BLOCK people from seeing posts as a way to force you to pay for people to see things. Much better to do as much as possible HERE, where I have more control.

Karen Brown - May 23, 2019

Happy Birthday Clover! I love hearing about the happenings at Champion of my heart!!

Roxanne Hawn - May 23, 2019

Thanks so much, Karen. Have a great summer!

Sam - May 22, 2019

Always glad to see your stuff online. Happy birthday, Clover!

Roxanne Hawn - May 23, 2019

Thanks, Sam. Can you believe she is 5 already?