Since Champion of My Heart first published in April 2007, we've done a few redesigns. The most recent one went live today (November 17, 2017). The all new look has more to do with the site working better for users than it does with cosmetic changes. Here's a recap of what's new and why our all new look matters.
All New Look - Easier Access to the Most Important Content
The HOME page for Champion of My Heart's all new look now features several sections that give you quicker access to all the most important features of the site:
- Links to order the book (print copies or e-book versions) -- Heart Dog Surviving the Loss of Your Canine Soul Mate, including how to get an autographed copy or order books in bulk at a 50% discount
- Links to the online store, which features all of our SUPER CUTE t-shirts (and more) for dog lovers -- just in time for the gift-giving holidays
- Much more obvious link to become a subscriber
- Quick view into summaries of our most recent posts as well as a new "blog" page that opens the portal to the entire 10+ years of blog posts (seriously, nearly 1,600 pages of content)
- Much more obvious access into the spot where you can download the entire Canine Relaxation Protocol (You can still download individual MP3 files for each day, but I also bundled them into a single zipped folder so that you can download them all at once now.)
- BRAND NEW section that includes links to all the most important posts I wrote about our TERRIBLE experiences with a deadly severe adverse vaccine reaction in our original canine heroine, Lilly
Why the All New Look Matters
The main reason I spent the time and did all the work to revamp Champion of My Heart to have an all new look is that more and more site visitors, loyal readers, and fans access the site on a tablet or mobile phone.
In the last week, for example, 55.4% of people who accessed Champion of My Heart did so on a mobile phone.
That means the site needs to look just as good and be just as functional on desktop computers, tablets of all kinds, and mobile phones of all kinds.
And, the new theme I've chosen and the amazing new drag / drop visual editor I'm using to make the site look like this include so-called "responsive design," which simply means that the site recognizes what kind of device you are using and adjusts how you see it accordingly.
Even better, I have ways to preview how everything looks on tablets and mobile phones, and I can manually adjust things to make sure they look good for everyone. It's seriously, seriously neat!
Now that I'm done getting the site revamped, I can turn my attention back to creating all new CONTENT too. I'll be spending time over the coming weeks deciding what amazing new things I want to write about here on the site.
As always, THANK YOU for your interest and engagement. I always tell people that we have a SMALL BUT LOYAL community here at Champion of My Heart. It means the world to me. If you find any glitches, please let me know.
And now, a bonus photo of Clover and Tori. Happy (almost) Thanksgiving to those in the U.S. who celebrate!
Love the new site, Rox, and it looks beautiful on both my phone and desktop.
Thanks so much, Jane, for letting me know. We have found one glitch for Kindle users with the subscription page API, but otherwise, I think she site is working pretty well, with it’s new look and features.
It looks beautiful! I love the clean, crisp look.
Thanks SO much, Ingrid.
Love this new site. Do we have to resubscribe to the blog? I’m not getting notifications now.
No, Hilary. You don’t have to resubscribe. The program I use to email alerts to people scans for new posts early each morning, so the email about this post should go out tomorrow morning … assuming everything is working properly.
Comments are closed.