Border Collie Birthday Tribute Video

Friday, May 27, 2016, is Clover’s 2nd birthday. How crazy is that? Seems like just yesterday she was a wee-one. Just like I did for the 1st anniversary of Clover’s¬†adoption, I made a 2-minute tribute video that chronicles her second year of life. Most notably the addition of a baby sister, Tori. In many ways, this video is as much a tale of their puppy-soul-sister status as it is a celebration of Clover’s birthday.

Clover — 15 weeks old at adoption in September 2014

border collie puppy clover, dog blog champion of my heart, copyright roxanne hawn

Clover — 2 years old in May 2016

border colllie, Clover, champion of my heart, copyright roxanne hawn

Happy Birthday, Clover. You’ve grown into a fine young lady. I promise to stop calling you a puppy now.

We send our best birthday wishes to the 9 other puppies from the “Puppygate” litter, including the 3 others with whom we remain in contact!

puppygate litter, border collie puppies, champion of my heart, copyright roxanne hawn

If you’re new to Clover’s sketchy beginnings, check out the 5-part series — The Story of Clover.

And, here is the tale of Tori’s SURPRISE entrance into our lives — The Story of Tori.

In case you missed the news, we lost our Old Man, Ginko, in January.

8 thoughts on “Border Collie Birthday Tribute Video

1. May 29, 2016 at 10:48 am

Awww, she is such a cutie.. Happy Birthday, Clover!
    William Parsons recently posted..Ipad Video Lessons From Tablet TrainingMy Profile

2. May 29, 2016 at 6:12 am

Happy birthday Clover!!!

3. Becky
    May 27, 2016 at 2:45 pm

Happy Birthday Clover. Two questions. I noticed that Clover’s harness has the leash attachment in the front. Does that help in some way (protect neck, stop pulling…)? All of ours have the attachment on top. Also, is Tori bigger than Clover or just more bulky? Congrats on 2 lovely pups.

1. May 27, 2016 at 5:23 pm

Hi, Becky — Yes, it’s a Freedom No-Pull harness. It has connections in the front and the back, so you can decide which one works best at any given time. I’m actually testing out another no-pull harness (which also has front and back connections) because our dog trainer thinks it will fit Clover better.

Yes, Tori is now a couple inches taller and about 7 pounds heavier than Clover. She does have a true rough coat, which also makes her look bigger, but Tori is quite sturdy in build, whereas as Clover has a much more fine build.

1. Becky
        May 29, 2016 at 3:44 pm

I’m looking into these. Do you mind telling me what else you’re testing, Roxanne? I have small dogs and want to find the best fit for them. They are kind of pricey so I don’t want to choose wrong!

1. May 31, 2016 at 10:41 am

Hi, Becky. Most dogs do really well in Freedom No-Pull Harnesses, but Clover is really THIN through the shoulders, so I had to make some tailoring adjustments of my own. Our main dog trainer gave me a Balance No-Pull Harness to try out. It definitely fits better, but I’m not sure yet, if I have it fit quite right for the no-pull to work properly. The bad news is that they do NOT make Balance harnesses anymore. Our trainer bought the last few the inventor had. She is saving them for dogs who don’t fit perfectly in other harnesses.

4. May 27, 2016 at 1:08 pm

Happy Birthday Clover. Your video is a wonderful tribute to you, as well as all of those who made you who you are today!!

5. May 27, 2016 at 7:36 am