It took me close to two solid days to gather and officially archive 9 years of photos and video of Lilly. I’m so grateful – now that she is gone – to have countless images of our life together. You’ll always find spontaneous moments to capture, but here is a short list of must-have dog photos and video.
2. Puppy photos or early post-adoption photos
3. Photos of your dog playing, especially with fav toys
4. Photos of your dog sleeping
5. Photos of your dog looking inquisitive
6. Photos of your dog at her favorite places and with her fav people
7. Photos of your dog with her canine / feline contemporaries
8. Video clips of your dog playing
9. Video clips of your dog doing tricks
10. Video clips of your dog running, especially running toward you
Once Lilly became so sick, I knew that I would use the video clip of her running through our middle pasture at the end of her memorial tribute video. For me, it’s both a reminder of her original vigor and a dream of being reunited in some way, at some point.
Can you think of anything to add to this list of must-have dog photos and videos? Add your ideas in the comments section below.
P.S. We’re close to having everything worked out for the memorial fundraiser. We hope to launch the campaign and begin accepting donations by Valentine’s Day.