Border Collie Goes Sledding

Subtitle? How Lilly spent her holiday vacation. Being a crazy-smart girl, Lilly knows how to ride a snow sled while being pulled along, but she also sometimes rides down the hill with me. Over our holiday break, we enlisted Mr. Champion of My Heart to shoot some video.

I’m not keen on being immortalized in video bundled up in my bulky snow suit. We thought you might enjoy seeing what we did with all the snow that fell on the Winter Solstice.

It took several hours to shovel and plow our way to the road after the snow stopped falling, but even a day or two later, we had enough snow to make a nice sledding run down our biggest hill and into the middle pasture — known around here as “the ball field.”

We crash into a pile of snow that’s old, crusty, and leftover from earlier snow storms, but I promise … Lilly wasn’t hurt. I held her tight to me and made sure I cushioned her fall with my elbows.

Border collie goes sledding video (if you cannot see the embedded video below).

7 thoughts on “Border Collie Goes Sledding

1. Jane Boursaw
    January 6, 2012 at 6:39 am

How fun! And you can practically hear Lilly laughing when you guys are going down the hill. You both look like you had a blast.
    Jane Boursaw recently posted..Movies for Grownups: George Clooney Gets Vulnerable in The DescendantsMy Profile

2. Sheryl R
    January 3, 2012 at 7:24 pm

That looks like so much fun!

3. kb
    January 3, 2012 at 6:48 pm

Sledding has been a fave activity around here lately. Looks like you had a blast!

Funny how different dogs are afraid of different things. K won’t go anywhere near a sled…
    kb recently posted..The amazing pawMy Profile

4. Candy Blakeslee
    January 3, 2012 at 5:30 pm

Wow, that looks like so much fun and exercise…with or without a dog.

5. January 3, 2012 at 12:38 pm

Nice video! Love how she grabs the stick…typical!
    Bill recently posted..The Border Collie “Butt Poke”My Profile

6. January 3, 2012 at 11:34 am

I loved that. Thanks for sharing.

We haven’t gotten enough snow for sledding yet. But I don’t think Honey would be quite as interested in it as Lilly. I’ll guess we’ll have to see.
    Pamela recently posted..Something Wagging Train Your Dog Month ChallengeMy Profile