9 thoughts on “Dog Athleticism on Display

1. April 2, 2010 at 8:43 pm

Thanks, Lisa. I cannot remember what the jumps are called, but when you train agility jumps with zero run-up … just up and over. Lilly seriously looks like a little ballerina.

I too would love that level of grace + athleticism. Alas, it’s not in my build.

2. April 2, 2010 at 5:41 pm

She almost reminds me of a cat in that video, so light and springy. Wish I could be so naturally lithe and athletic! lol.

3. April 1, 2010 at 5:11 pm

Love the video. That was very cool.

4. KB
    April 1, 2010 at 1:38 pm

That’s a great use for a snowbank!! It’s amazing how fast it’s melting, in some places but not others. Apparently, we’re still ‘behind’ on snow so we better get another one or two of those storms!

Lilly looks very fit and happy!!

5. AC
    March 31, 2010 at 11:46 am

I’m always amazed at how athletic healthy and fit dogs can be. Watching Lilly in slow motion I kept thinking, “Wouldn’t it be cool if my body could move like that.” Alas, I don’t have springs.

I don’t know how i would manage in so much snow, but boy when summer comes around here I often dream of moving to a higher elevation.

6. March 31, 2010 at 8:14 am

Ha! Yes … I had to edit out some of the clips that showed places Ginko had “visited.”

7. Sam
    March 31, 2010 at 8:14 am

What a jump! Now you need to paint some contact zones on that snow bank (maybe not in yellow – you know what they say about yellow snow). Ha. :)

8. March 31, 2010 at 8:07 am

Thanks, Kerri. She is such a cutie! Lilly loves to play in the snow. Yes, only hearty types can deal with the weather truths around here. In 2009, we had serious snow through May, and it began again in September. I think I wore shorts a total of 5 times last summer.

9. March 31, 2010 at 5:24 am

Lilly is just awesome! I love your mountains there in CO, but wouldn’t like that much snow this late (I don’t even like that much snow anytime!) :)